Chris Dixon’s Idea Maze
A colleague kindly shared this article with me: “The idea maze” by Chris Dixon 
- Most ideas have been tried in the past.
- Spend some time learning from the past to save you time focusing on ‘provably’ wrong priorities/making similar mistakes.
- Learn from history (especially for failures)
- Build by analogy (to similar businesses)
- Consider startup theories (for best practices)
- Learn from direct experience (put yourself into interesting idea mazes and give yourself time to figure it out)