- How quickly do algorithms improve?
- How Fast Do Algorithms Improve? [2021, IEEE]
- Algorithm Wiki: Crowdsourced resources on algorithms and their development
- about half of algorithm families had YoY improvements that were equal to or larger than the much-touted gains from Moore’s Law
- The single biggest change that the authors observed came when an algorithm family transitioned from exponential to polynomial complexity.
- Hardware improvement from Moore’s Law happens smoothly over time, and for algorithms the gains come in steps that are usually large but infrequent.